Coming to the 2016 Sustainability Awards? Here are some important notes for you!
**TICKET SALES ARE NOW CLOSED** You may contact our office at 650.638.2323 to inquire about additional tickets at the door
Visit our Awards page for more information about the awards program and this year’s winners and sponsors.
Thursday, March 31, 2016
College of San Mateo, Bayview Dining Room – Building 10 College Center
5:30-6:30 Wine and Beer Reception and Silent Auction
6:30-9 Dinner, Award Presentations, Live Auction, and Raffle
Attire: Business/Smart Casual
Directions and Parking Information: See our map–parking on campus has changed since last year!
Parking is free and should be readily available since CSM is on spring break; we’ll have some signage and volunteers on campus to try to make it easy for you to get here. Arrive early for the best spots, and to give yourself time to travel.
Join the conversation on social media! We’ll be live-tweeting the event, and posting some behind-the-scenes looks throughout the day Thursday as we prepare. Use #SSMCawards and follow us on Twitter @SustainableSMC or Like Sustainable San Mateo on Facebook.
Exciting raffle, live and silent auction opportunities!
This event provides a substantial portion of SSMC’s annual operating revenue, providing crucial support for our work, including the Indicators Report, workshops and events throughout the year. We’re immensely grateful for your attendance and hope you’ll participate in some of these other fun ways to support our organization:
- SILENT AUCTION: From local excursions to restaurant and theater tickets galore to arts, crafts, wine, snacks and things for your home – we’ve got something for everyone, all at great prices. Here’s a quick look, or check out this more comprehensive list. Be sure to peruse the tables too – there might be a few surprises and late additions!
- Local dance band The Tribal Blues Band will perform for up to 3 hours at an event of your choice
- Get inspired and fit with various classes, memberships, including massage, yoga, boot camp and more
- Enjoy a coastside walking and driving tour for 5 lead by Naturalist Steve Maskel, a whale watching excursion in Monterey Bay, a creative card-making class for 4-6, or Farm + Fish + Flowers in Half Moon Bay
- A behind-the-scenes tour of our State Capitol Building with Assemblymember Kevin Mullin. Tour for up to four includes lunch and a visit to the Assembly Floor
- Choose from many coastal getaways from the luxury Sanctuary Beach Resort in Monterey to the quirky Point Montara Lighthouse Hostel in Pacifica
- See a performance at SF Playhouse, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Dragon Theater, California Youth Symphony, Peninsula Symphony”or try them all
- Wonderful and wide variety of original art from photography to oils
- Giants or A’s? We’ve got VIP ticket packages including 4 premium seats and parking passes for whichever home town team you love
- Wine Tasting for your group of up to 20 at the Old County Cellars, including tasting and snacks
- LIVE AUCTION: Five excellent options to choose from:
- The Gift of Love from Pets In Need: adoption certificate for the perfect lifelong companion you (or your kids!) are looking for.
- Visit the award-winning Devil’s Canyon Brewing Company, with a Tasting and VIP Tour for 12 with owner and brewmaster Chris Garrett.
- Anderson Valley wine country ridgetop vacation home: 7 Nights in a 3 bedroom + loft/2 bathroom home (sleeps 8) with hot tub/billiards room and fabulous views, surrounded by 33 local wineries, plenty of hiking, river swimming and kayaking
- Luxurious Fairmont Vacation: 5 days/4 nights in a Jr. Suite at YOUR CHOICE of Fairmonts worldwide from Amsterdam to Sydney to San Francisco. No expiration. May be used as individual nights or all in one stay
- Austin City Limits Festival: Weekend Package with festival passes, 3 nights hotel stay and roundtrip air travel for 2. Choose your festival weekend, either Sept. 30-Oct. 2, or Oct. 7-9, 2016.
- RAFFLE: 2 winners will each take home a case of various specialty wines donated by SSMC Board and Committee members, and 2 more will receive $100 gift certificates to a local restaurant or spa. Raffle Tickets: 1 for $10, 3 for $25 or 7 for $50 available on site via cash, check, or card.
We look forward to seeing you!