Sustainability Awards: Rick Bonilla, Vice Mayor of the City of San Mateo; The HEAL Project; Service by Medallion
Ruth Peterson Award: Bryan Chen
Green Building Award, cosponsored by AIASMC: William V. Campbell Academic and Arts Center at Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton
The first All-Electric Leadership Awards were announced by Peninsula Clean Energy on May 14. They are:
- All-Electric Commercial Leaders: William V. Campbell Academic and Arts Center at Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton; and Redwood City Veterans Memorial Senior Center
- All-Electric Residential Leader: Sweet home, Redwood City
- All-Electric Residential Emerging Leader: Bobba home, Burlingame
- Honorable Mentions in Residential category: Tah Mah Lah, Portola Valley; Boles home, Pacifica
Learn more about SSMC’s winners here.
Read the press release about the SSMC Awards.
See a video of the Awards Celebration here.
The “Kids’ Take on Climate Change” video is here.
Learn more about the All-Electric Leadership Award winners here.
Read the press release about the All-Electric Leadership Awards.
About SSMC’s Awards Program
SSMC has presented more than 160 awards to local sustainability champions since 1999. Our Awards Program is an inspiring celebration and “must attend” event that pays tribute to those working to make our region truly sustainable. We recognize leaders in the following categories:
- Ruth Peterson Award: This is Sustainable San Mateo County’s highest honor. It is awarded at the discretion of the Board to an individual who has contributed significantly to SSMC’s mission.
- Sustainability Awards: The work of Sustainability Award winners must have an impact in San Mateo County on the three E’s of sustainability: Environmental impacts, social Equity and Economic vitality. Nonprofits, government agencies, businesses, educational institutions and individuals are eligible.
- Green Building Award: This award is given to a project in San Mateo County that promotes green, sustainable design and construction. It recognizes the architect, builder and owner of the building. SSMC has partnered with the American Institute of Architects, San Mateo County Chapter (AIASMC), to present this award every year since 2003.
In 2021, Peninsula Clean Energy presented the first All-Electric Leadership Awards at SSMC’s Awards Celebration.
In 2020, SSMC presented Reach Code Awards recognizing San Mateo County municipalities that have enacted progressive green building policies.