Our new Sustainability Dashboard captures performance on 30 sustainability metrics for all 20 cities in San Mateo County and the county’s unincorporated areas in 11 categories: Agriculture and Food, Built Environment, Energy, Climate Action, Ecology and Biodiversity, Economy, Health and Well-Being, Social Equity, Transportation, Waste Management and Water.
Data often lags behind the year it’s available, and the metrics shown represent results tallied in 2019, 2020 and 2021. The sources of data are shown on each data display and on each spreadsheet. Realizing that local jurisdictions have made progress since then, we have offered all cities the opportunity to include a short narrative to explain results and provide some context. We look forward to comparing progress when we collect data again.
Here are graphs showing sustainability progress by jurisdictions in San Mateo County on key performance indicators. Click on the arrows at the far left and far right to see all the graphs. Data for these graphs may be viewed in the “Data and Narratives for Individual Jurisdictions” section below.
- Affordable Housing* (2015-2020)
- Commuting (2016)
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Chargers on Municipal Land (2021)
- Sustainability Manager Staffing (2021)
- Tree Cities (2022)
- Overall Waste (landfill, organics and recycling) Diversion Rate (2019)
- Pounds of Waste Per Capita Per Year, to Landfill, to Organics Stream and Recycled (2019)
- Water Use in Gallons Per Person Per Day (2019)
*See more information regarding RHNA requirements in the Interactive Graphs – Affordable Housing section below.