2020 AWARDS DINNER, Spring 2020 – More info soon!
Read our Press Release about this year’s winners!
Congratulations to our 2019 Awards Winners:
- Ruth Peterson Award: – Bill Schulte
- Sustainability Awards: – TransForm; – Lime; – Citizens Environmental Council (CEC) of Burlingame
- Green Building Award: – Half Moon Bay Library
Want to learn more about our winners’ achievements? Check out our Award Winners’ videos below and scroll further down to learn more each winner!
Half Moon Bay Library
We have been celebrating our local sustainability champions since 20 years. Our Awards recognize leaders in the following categories:
- Ruth Peterson Award
- Sustainability Award
- Green Building Award (co-sponsored with the American Institute of Architects of San Mateo County)
2019 AWARD WINNERS
The 2019 Sustainability Awards were presented to three recipients:
- TransForm, a nonprofit that has been promoting walkable communities throughout California with sustainable transportation choices for people of all incomes since 1997
- Citizens Environmental Council of Burlingame (CEC), a regional, volunteer-led catalyst for sustainability
- Lime, founded in January 2017 in San Mateo, which has become an international leader in sustainable transportation
The Ruth Petersen Award, established in the memory of SSMC’s founder, will be presented to long-time SSMC volunteer, Board Member and Chair Emeritus Bill Schulte in recognition for his 13 years of service on the SSMC board, including six years as Chair, and his involvement with sustainability and senior health issues in the county for more than 20 years.
The Green Building Award, sponsored by SSMC and the American Institute of Architects of San Mateo County, will be presented to the Half Moon Bay Library, which is currently LEED certified in the Gold category and is designed to perform as a net zero energy saving facility. It was designed by Noll & Tam Architects of Berkeley and constructed by BHM Construction, Inc. of Napa.
About the Sustainable San Mateo County Awards
The Sustainable San Mateo County Awards Dinner is an inspiring evening that pays tribute to those working to make our region truly sustainable. Attendees are treated to a networking hour, sustainable dinner and wine, entertaining raffles and auctions, and presentations highlighting the achievements of the award recipients. Proceeds from the evening support Sustainable San Mateo County’s general operating funds and programs.
Award recipients in each category receive the following:
- An award presentation at the Awards Dinner highlighting their achievements
- A professionally produced video highlighting their achievements
- Community recognition
- Opportunities for year-round partnering with SSMC
- Two complimentary tickets to the Awards Dinner (value $270)
Since 1999, Sustainable San Mateo County’s annual Sustainability Awards program has heightened community awareness about sustainability.The awards recognize San Mateo County businesses, community groups and individuals that have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to bringing sustainable practices that impact San Mateo County. In addition, SSMC and the San Mateo County Chapter of the American Institute of Architects present a Green Building Award, to inspire and support sustainable design in architecture and to recognize the designers, builders and owners of green buildings in San Mateo County.
To date, more than 100 Sustainability and Green Building Awards have been given to recipients chosen from among hundreds of worthy nominees. Each year, around 300 community leaders, volunteers, interested citizens and local media representatives attend the Awards Dinner.
Want to volunteer to help plan this year’s Awards Dinner? Send an email to email@example.com with “Awards Committee” in the subject line.
Previous Award Winners
See all previous award winners here.
Updated 05/23/2019 Sign up for our email list to receive the latest news.