Certain programs focus on awareness about the Bay, wetlands, and marine life such as Save the Bay’s award-winning Restoration Education Programs and the Marine Science Institute’s School & Family Programs. The Restoration Education Programs use the San Francisco Bay as a classroom and laboratory to allow students to become citizen scientists and inspire ecological stewardship. The Marin Science Institute has a variety of programs that serve to enrich student understanding of science and foster a sense of responsibility to protect the environment. Programs include exploring the Bay on a 90-foot research vessel, designing floating marine laboratories, marsh and beach exploration at Pescadero State Beach, and many more!
Other programs offer farm and wilderness experiences, providing students with opportunities to learn about food production and the interactions between plants and animals in their natural habitats. At Hidden Villa, a nature preserve and organic farm, children get the opportunity to hike along a beautiful creek, milk a cow or goat, and harvest vegetables with instruction provided by on-site naturalists. The award-winning San Mateo County Outdoor Education Program provides a week-long wilderness experience for 5th and 6th grade students. Students explore a variety of ecosystems and learn important ecological concepts, while simultaneously working together to build a sense of community and enhance their leadership skills.
- Explore the options and enroll your child, family or class group in one of these amazing programs today!
- Take advantage of one of the teacher training programs offered by these organizations.
- Volunteer for any of these amazing organizations.
- Save the Bay’s Education Programs
- The Marine Science Institute’s Education Programs
- Elkus Ranch Educational Programs
- Program Coordinator: Leslie Jensen- email@example.com or (650)-712-3151
- Environmental Science Educator: Kathi Baxter- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coyote Point Museum
- Hidden Villa Environmental Education Programs
- San Mateo’s Outdoor Education Program