There are a number of great resources available to San Mateo County residents interested in learning more about using California native species in your landscaping.
- Yerba Buena Nursery is the oldest retail nursery in California specializing in native plants and ferns. Located on Highway 92 in Half Moon Bay, this nursery has an easy to walk-through format with informative signs, and multiple demonstration areas filled with Native Plants. Over 600 species of plants are grown here representing all regions of California from the beaches to the Sierras.
- The Going Native Garden Tour is an annual free tour of native gardens in San Mateo County and the Santa Clara Valley. It’s sponsored by the California Native Plant Society, Santa Clara Valley. It’s a great way to see native landscaping, learn about sustainable gardening, and ask questions of the experts.
- Join a tour of local California native gardens
- Visit Yerba Buena Nursery to see examples of local native landscapes.
- Encourage your city to require California native or other acceptable, non-invasive, drought-resistant landscaping in all new construction.
- Find a California Natives Plant Professional
Garden in San Carlos featuring California native and other drought-resistant plants.