A trained two-person team of volunteers will come to your home for a scheduled 2.5 hour visit, at a time that’s mutually convenient. During the visit, the Green@Home team will offer you these energy-saving upgrades:
- Provide and install a retractable clothesline.
- Choose a place for three compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Optimize water heater and refrigerator temperatures.
- Install faucet aerators and low flow showerheads.
- Show you how to measure and adjust tire pressure.
- Install up to 5 outlet or light switch gaskets.
- Measure energy draw of home electronics.
Green@Home currently operates in the San Mateo County communities of Menlo Park and Redwood City. It also covers Santa Clara County: Cupertino, Palo Alto, and Sunnyvale
- To learn more about Green@Home HouseCalls click here.
- To request a survey click here.
- To join Acterra in building a grassroots movement to curb climate change, visit here.
- Visit the Home/Garden area of the Resource Directory for other resources to green your home.