Green Building Award
Sustainable San Mateo County (SSMC) and the American Institute of Architects San Mateo County Chapter (AIASMC) have jointly presented the Green Building Award every year since 2003 to projects that promote green, sustainable design and construction. The award also recognizes the architects, builders and owners of these green buildings.
The Green Building Award is open to any building constructed within the last five years that is located in San Mateo County, and have completed its final inspection by Monday, December 6, 2021. Remodels and additions are also eligible to apply for the award. Previous nominees may apply if their original projects have had additional substantial green improvements. In addition to submitting an application form, applicants must submit the following Required Submittals and are invited to submit the Optional Submittals by sending a USB drive or by calling ahead to 650-918-1992 and arranging to drop off their submittal to Sustainable San Mateo County, ATTN: Green Building Award, 2955 Campus Drive #110, San Mateo, CA 94403.
- Site plan with north arrow. Remodel projects must submit “before” and “after” photographs.
- Floor plans
- CD or USB drive with images (including notable features, as appropriate). NOTE: Submitted documentation will not be returned. By submitting the application, you are authorizing full rights to use the materials for any Sustainable San Mateo County promotional materials.
- On a separate piece of paper, address how this project has incorporated the environmental performance criteria listed on the following page.
- Energy bill (before and after, if remodel)
- Water bill (before and after, if remodel)
- Green building rating system results (LEED, CHIPS, Build it Green, etc.)
- Construction and demolition diversion rate
- Energy performance ratings
- Percent on-site renewable energy generation
- Amount of salvaged, recycled or sustainably harvested material used