SSMC is a public charity nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status, so your contributions are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Our EIN is 48-1265207.
You can donate in three ways:
- Donate on this website by filling in the amount you want to contribute below. You can donate by credit card or direct bank transfer (with a lower transaction fee).
- Donate on your cell phone by texting “SupportSSMC” to 44-321.
- Send a check made out to “SSMC” to: Sustainable San Mateo County, 3182 Campus Drive #153, San Mateo, CA 94403.
Please contact us if your employer will match your donation or if you would like to make a donation in honor of someone or in memory of someone.
You can call us at 650-918-1992 or email email@example.com.
To learn about sponsorship opportunities, click here.
YES! I want to support SSMC today!
With your help SSMC can:
- Honor local champions with our annual Sustainability and Green Building Awards
- Analyze sustainability progress by local cities and the county with our Sustainability Dashboard and Indicators Report
- Accelerate sustainability in San Mateo County by expanding the Sustainability Ideas Bank with more solutions for cities and businesses that have been implemented successfully, both locally and abroad
- Spread the word about sustainability and key findings and resources from the Indicators Report and the Sustainability Ideas Bank through presentations, events, and other educational outreach
- Advocate for sustainable policies as we build our policy work with viewpoints based on 30 years of expertise researching local economy, environment and equity issues
- Expand our programs and build our capacity
SSMC is a public charity nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status, so your contribution is tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Donate via AmazonSmile and eScrip
AmazonSmile. When you set up a “Smile” account on Amazon, the company donates 0.5 percent of every sale to your favorite charitable organization. Just click here or go to https://smile.amazon.com/ch/48-1265207 and choose Sustainable San Mateo County from the list of charitable organizations. You must navigate to smile.amazon.com to activate your donations each time you shop on Amazon.
eScrip. This service partners with merchants who give back a percentage of purchases you make to the organizations you care about. Purchases are tracked through registered cards (store loyalty, credit/debit). To set up donations via eScrip, go to https://secure.escrip.com/signup/index.jsp, set up a free account and select Sustainable San Mateo County as the organization you wish to support.
Then register the credit card(s) that you usually use for checkout, or your merchant Community Card. For some merchants, you only need to register your email and phone numbers. Once you have an account, you can click on “Where to Earn” to see stores that honor the eScrip program and sign up for the ones you patronize.